Sunday, June 21, 2009

Wikis in the Classroom

In my classroom, I would use my wikispace to be a great source of student collaboration, engagement, and demonstration that would be beyond the classroom environment. The wiki would be a source for research and collecting data that could be used on class projects. Students could share biographies, photos and websites that would enhance understanding for all who participate. It would also serve as a way to connect the classroom with home; parents could join and be able to have a steady stream of classroom updates.

The wiki would operate as a central location for students to develop ideas and to solve problems, skills that will be a lifelong benefit. Collaboration is particularly valuable in that it sets paradigm from individualism to a system of working together.

In the future using a wikis will be a great way to organize my class and will be an effective way to engage my future students.

No comments:

Post a Comment